The Bank of Ceylon, premier state owned commercial bank ranked among the top 1000 global banks, top 500 largest banks in the Asia Pacific Region and No.1 in Sri Lanka, is looking for suitably qualified, experienced, dynamic and results oriented young persons to fill the vacancies for the following position :
Trainee Staff Assistant
- Should be a citizen of Sri Lanka
- GCE Ordinary Level in 6 subjects (excluding optional subjects) with at least 5 Credit
passes including Mother Language, Mathematics and English Language, obtained in same
GCE Advanced Level in 3 subjects (excluding General English, General Knowledge and
General Information Technology), obtained in same sitting
- Above average inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate perseverance and commitment
- Ability to work towards time targets
- 24 years or below as at the closing date
Terms and Conditions
- The training period will be two (02) years and a monthly allowance (1st year – Rs.45,000/ and
2nd year – Rs. 60,000/-) will be paid during the training period
- The post will be subject to the general Terms and Conditions of the Bank’s Service and within
the normal Banking Stream (Open Service)
- Upon fulfilling the requirements of the training to the satisfaction of the Bank, will be
confirmed in the grade of Staff Assistant – I of the permanent cadre
- Expected to work beyond normal working hours and weekends/ holidays
- Should be prepared to serve in any part of the country as per the Bank’s requirement
- By a competitive examination and subsequent interview for shortlisted candidates.
- Selections will be based on the requirements of the district/ province.
- The following papers will be considered at the examination:
Paper I – General Knowledge, IQ and IT
Paper II – English Language
- Submit your application through our website www.boc.lk (under the tab “Careers”) on or before 31st July 2021 and keep the “Application Reference Number” for your future reference.
- Read the ‘Instructions to Candidates’ available in the Careers Page carefully and fill the online application form according to the given instructions.
- Applications received through any other method, except the above procedure will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- Any application not meeting the above required eligibility criteria or submitting incorrect information will be rejected at any stage of recruitment without any further notice.
Human Resource Division
Bank of Ceylon
Any form of canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification.
The Bank reserves the right to call only the short-listed candidates
Be the first to leave a review.